سيتم إطلاق تعريب كامل وسهل التركيب للآيفون قريبًا جدًا
لإعلامك فور إطلاق التعريب عبر الإيميل
قم بزيارة موقع آيفون للعرب والاشتراك فيه
أو الاشتراك في المجموعة البريدية Arabic_iPhone
عبر إرسال رسالة فارغة إلى
ثم الرد على الرسالة التي ستصلك من المجموعة البريدية
Reply .. Send
Arabic iPhone SMS Application
AppTapp Installer Source: http://mem9.net/iphone.xml
Last Update: 05 Dec 2007
- [ Version 2.21 ]
- Installation via App Tapp Installer, add the source:
~ Thanks to Shamlan for his great help ~ Visit
- Default remote access password is:
- [ Version 2.2 ]
- Delete SMS message. Just click on
- Mark SMS message as 'Read'. Just click on
- Email SMS message. Just click on
- New Arabic font, based on the font MediumAdvertising.
- Authentication required when accessed remotely. Remote access password can be changed.
- Fixed showing contact name for some countries by changing number of
phone identifying digits.
- [ Version 2.1 ]
- Address Book integration added. Contact name is shown instead of phone
- Fixed some bugs where some SMS messages were shown with empty body.
- [ Version 2.0 ]
- Uses sqlite3 ported for iPhone to read SMS messages instead of
- Code that gets and represents SMS messages is re-written using php.
- Right alignment of Arabic messages. Left alignment for English messages.
- Provides access to Inbox / Outbox / All Messages.
- Apache web server (ported for iPhone) is used instead of
embedded web server.
- [ Version 1.0 ]
- Initial release.
- Provides access to Inbox and Outbox SMS messages.
- Issue: When I click on Inbox/Outbox/All Messages, a blank page shows up.
Solution: Make sure you set required file/directory permissions properly.
- Issue: Phone number is displayed instead of contact name.
Solution: Go to Settings and then set number of phone identifying digits properly.
- Issue: Messages do not get deleted nor marked as 'Read'.
Solution: Make sure you set permissions of the file sms.db to 777.
- Issue: Password and number of phone identifying digits do not get changed.
Solution: Make sure you set permissions of the file config.xml to 777.
- Q: How can I modify directory/file permissions on iPhone?
A: Follow this link: How to Set File/Directory Permissions on iPhone
- Q: Why Arabic letters are not connected on my iPhone?
A: Connected Arabic letters are displayed only in ArabicSMS application; not in other iPhone applications.
- Q: Does ArabicSMS application work on iPhone firmware 1.1.1 ?
A: Yes, but with a different font. (to be investigated)
- Q: Is there an easier way to install
ArabicSMS application? for example using AppTapp Installer.
A: Currently there isn't. (on my to-do list)
- Q: Can I write Arabic SMS message using ArabicSMS application?
A: Currently no. (on my to-do list)
- Q: Can I forward SMS message using ArabicSMS application?
A: Currently you can forward as an email but not as SMS message. (on my to-do list)
- Exit button does not work. (Seems to be a bug in Safari !)
You can contact me by email: mem(at)mem9(dot)net
I will try to respond as soon as possible. However, due to large amount of emails,
please be patient.
In this development, I have used php running over
local Apache web server along with sqlite3 to read and present SMS messages.
Arabic letter with the appropriate form of the letter. The result is a local
web application on iPhone that reads SMS messages and supports Arabic language
with connected letters and right-to-left direction.
Thanks to Erica Sadun for providing sqlite3 ported for iPhone. Visit
Thanks to Knox for the great and easy-to-use iPhone template. I have used
this template for my application to give native iphone application look and
Knox iPhone Template website.
This application has been tested on firmwares 1.0.2, 1.1.1, & 1.1.2 and it showed
no problems. However, install and use it at your own risk.